Tuesday 2 December 2014

Jaine Fenn at Bombay Sapphire Distillery

A few days after seeing William Gibson at the British Film Institute, I found Jaine Fenn, author of the Hidden Empire series, at recently opened steampunk splendour of the Bombay Sapphire Distillery.

I highly recommend this place before it turns into a tourist trap.







Jaine (left) swooped in with quite a talented collection of fellow gin connoisseurs including musicians, fellow Gollancz writers such as Alex Bell (The Ninth Circle on the right above) and one of Jaine's science SMEs, Liz The Chemist, who was kind enough to give me a lift.






This, Python fans, is a juniper bush. During the tour we get to experience various slightly wierd gin ingredients before selecting them...


.. to become part of a cocktail constructed later 
My favourite gin cocktail turns out to be -  Aviation






In fact - don't go there. I like it just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment